Credit Unions exist to benefit its members. Its a not for profit, cooperative institution whose main purpose is to provide a safe and convenient place for its members to save and borrow. It offers loans to its members at lower rates and returns higher dividends on their savings. It is all possible due to the fact that Credit Unions’ main motive is to solely benefit its members. In America one in every three citizens is a credit union member. Alabama Credit Union was found in 1930 and is working towards the principle of “Working for the Living of its Members.” It has witnessed amazing growth by providing excellent financial benefits to its members.
You too can enjoy high rates of return with a Certificate of Deposit (CD). You can purchase a CD with as low as $500, ranging from 3 months to 5 years.
Rates offered on different CDs:
– 91 Days CD earns an interest of 1.687% with 1.700% APY.
– 6 Months CD earns an interest of 2.227% with 2.250% APY.
– 12 Months CD earns an interest of 2.570% with 2.600% APY.
– 24 Months CD earns an interest of 2.862% with 2.900% APY.
– 36 Months CD earns an interest of 3.154% with 3.200% APY.
– 60 Months CD earns an interest of 4.169% with 4.250% APY.
ACCU also offers Individual Retirement Accounts in the form of CDs with a minimum balance requirement of $250 as opposed to $500.
– 6 Months IRA CD earns 2.227% interest and 2.250% APY.
– 12 Months IRA CD earns 2.570% interest and 2.600% APY.
– 24 Months IRA CD earns 2.862% interest and 2.900% APY.
– 36 Months IRA CD earns 3.154% interest and 3.200% APY.
– 60 Months IRA CD earns 4.169% interest and 4.250% APY.
*All the above rates are effective as of September 29, 2008 and are subject to change without notice.
CD Account Features:
@ Early withdrawal penalties apply for all types of CDs.
@ All accounts must be opened with a minimum required deposit to qualify for the quoted rates.
@ CDs may be used as collateral to obtain loans at special rates.
@ Your funds are federally insured by NCUA.
You can easily become a member if you live, work, attend a school or church in any of these counties BALDWIN, LIMESTONE, BIBB, LOWNDES, BUTLER, MARENGO, COLBERT, MARION, CONECUH, MOBILE, COVINGTON, MONROE, CRENSHAW, MONTGOMERY, FRANKLIN, MORGAN, GREENE, SHELBY, HALE, SUMTER, JEFFERSON, TUSCALOOSA, LAUDERDALE, WASHINGTON, LAWRENCE, WILCOX. To get more information call at 205-591-2228 or 1-800-223-2415.